Here you will find some fascinating research and articles relating to studies on drumming and recreational music making.
Links, when possible, are provided to the authors and locations of these articles.
- It is easier to recognize a song by its rhythm without melody than it is by its melody without rhythm, which shows what a basic part of music is rhythm.
- Recreational music-making modulates natural killer cell activity, cytokines, and mood states in corporate employees
- Fortune 500 Tunes into Bang-the-Drum Therapy
- Drum therapy is an ancient approach that uses rhythm to promote healing and self-expression.
- A cost effective group interdisciplinary strategy for reducing burnout and improving mood states in long term care workers
- African drumming and psychiatric rehabilitation
- Composite effects of group drumming music therapy on modulation of neuroendocrine-immune parameters in normal subjects
- Corporate drumming has become one of the most popular team building activities among businesses of all types and sizes in recent years.
- Creative musical expression as a catalyst for quality of life improvement in inner-city adolescents placed in a court-referred residential treatment program
- A real ‘hands on’ education
- Recreational music making: An integrative group intervention for reducing burnout and improving mood states in first year associate degree nursing students
- Native Americans and most of the indigenous peoples of the Earth have known for thousands of years that drumming is a powerful spiritual tool.
- Complementary Therapy for Addiction: ‘Drumming Out Drugs’
- Creative musical expression improves quality of life for at risk children and adolescents
- Should drums be sold in pharmacies along with other natural health and wellness remedies?
- Drums – Not Drugs! A great article by Edward E.Mikenas from Percussive Notes. April 1999
- Recreational music making modulates the human stress response: an individualized gene expression strategy for cardiac patients
- What is it about the drum that inspires, energizes, brings people together?
- Lincoln center presentation human genome, stress and creative musical expression
- Some of the documented positive effects that drumming has on health.
- Ground breaking research links music making with stress reduction at the DNA level
- Can children from infancy through kindergarten really grasp the concept of music theory and principles?
- New research reveals how playing music results in breakthroughs for inner city youth
- How does anxiety affect memory and musical performance?
- Drumming on the Edge of Leadership: Hand Drumming and Leadership Skills for the New Millennium
- Music therapy is used widely for rehabilitation of patients that have had a stroke.
- Every student in the nation should have an education in the arts
Drumatic Innovation Opportunities
Drum Classes are now available in Sandpoint, Idaho
Drumming Reduces Stress
Drumming is Fantastic for Seniors
*Call or E-Mail us Today*
Michael 208 627 8011
Molly 208 627 9045